HTML

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Kids say the darndest things…

I always swear to myself that I’ll write things down so I’ll remember them when the girls grow up, but I keep forgetting to pull out the baby book so into the blog it goes!!

Yesterday I found out that a local Target would be giving out H1N1 shots to ‘priority groups’ this coming Saturday.  Erik and I fall into this group since Sophie is under 6 months old.  In order to guarantee that a shot would be available for us we needed to go into the store to pre-register so we headed out right when Erik got home from work. 

When we arrived the pharmacist asked us if we qualified for the shot, how old Sophie was (5 months) etc.  She then started talking away to Addison while we filled out our paperwork.  The conversation went something like this:

Addison:  See my new Hello Kitty coloring book?

Pharmacist:  Oh, it’s very nice!  What’s your name?

Addison:  Addison Opsahl

Me (translating) :  Addison Opsahl

Pharmacist:  How old are you?

Addison: 2 and a half!

Addison:  And this is Sophie and she’s 9 months!

Um, what??  First of all, she’s never once said anything about how old Sophie is, and second, she’s only 5 months for goodness sakes…and we’re signing up for a shot that requires her to be UNDER 6 months!  We were all (pharmacist included) laughing hysterically.  The pharmacist said she had a 10 month old at home so she knew Sophie was not 9 months but it was still a little embarrassing!  I know a lot of people are panicking about getting the vaccine so I’m sure some are willing to tell all sorts of lies in order to get one!  Erik started referring to Addison as the new ‘balloon boy’ after her little white lie :)

As my mom always says, “out of the mouths of babes”.   I say “it’s a good thing she’s so cute or we might try to trade her in…” 

2 comments:

Lacey Hughes said...

That is so funny! Carson always says "Carson Joseph Hughes" too when people ask him his name! Gotta love this age!

Denise(Nana)Opsahl said...

Werik Allan Wupsal... His, day before his 6th Birthday, took him skiing and it was 5 and under and he told the ticket person he was 6 and it was his birthday! Really tall kid, know they thought we were lying... it runs in the family,watch out!!!!