HTML

Monday, December 7, 2009

Fallen Lakewood Police Officers

I know anyone local is aware of the recent killing of four Lakewood Police Officers on Sunday, Nov. 29th.
http://police.cityoflakewood.us/


My friend Kerra knew one of the officers and his family well and has spent the past week organizing a benefit dinner and auction for the families of the fallen officers. The benefit is open to the public (and is free to attend) and will be held on Sunday, Dec 13 from 3pm-7pm at Clover Park Technical College in Lakewood.

I'm doing my best to help Kerra in every way I can by collecting items for the auction and raffle, and also by collecting financial donations.  If anyone is interested in donating here are the options:
- I've been collecting donations (cash/checks/PayPal) from family and friends and then will write one large check at the benefit along with a list of everyone who contributed. If you'd like to donate via PayPal you can do so at deniseopsahl@gmail.com
- You can write a check to Lakewood Police Independent Guild Charity Fund (501 c3) and give it to me to me to bring to the auction along with my check.
- You can donate directly to the Lakewood Police Independent Guild online at http://www.lpig.us/


This has been a very sad week and is just so tragic for the family and friends who lost someone that day...please keep them all in your prayers, especially tomorrow during the memorial service.

No comments: