HTML

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Almost 1!!

I think I’m in denial about the fact that Sophie is just a few short weeks away from turning 1!  How the heck did that happen??  Last week (the 29th) was Sophie’s 11 month birthday :)  Erik and I were headed to Las Vegas that afternoon to celebrate our 5 year anniversary but we were able to spend the morning with the girls, and we had time for Sophie’s monthly photo session before heading off to the airport.  As usual, there was more laughing than picture taking … but we managed to get a few good ones :)

I’m not sure I can pick just one favorite, so here are the top 3.

IMG_2167

 IMG_2171

IMG_2189

At 11 months, Sophie is busier than ever!  She took her first steps on Addison’s 3rd birthday…just a few days shy of turning 10 months.  She’s getting more and more confident every day but is still more comfortable crawling the majority of the time.  She’s now pointing and is ‘talking’ more and more every day too.  Her current favorite is pointing at Sampson and saying ‘dog’.  Of course she’s got dada, mama, baba, etc. down pat … and she does her best to say Addison too.  No surprise there since she just adores her big sister :) 

Now I’m consumed with plans for Sophie’s 1st birthday party.  We decided on a vintage Rainbow Brite theme so I’ve been stalking eBay for great stuff from the early 80s.  I’m kind of amazed at just how much is out there!!  I had lots of fun creating her invites…

invite1

and I’m now working on cupcake toppers!  I can truly say that I love being a stay-at-home mom with time for fun projects like this.  It’s a good thing since the invite list includes a mere 85 people (including 20 kiddos)!  Go big or go home, right?? 

No comments: